The life and times (so far!) of the UK’s greatest living songwriter are captured in a deluxe box set. 92 songs, on 5 CDs with a 64-page booklet. A career retrospective traversing the acoustic and the electric, the agit-folk and the chanson, the greatest hits and a welter of unreleased material.
“So—yeah, this collection does have quite a lot of politics and protest, lots of songs doing what folk song is supposed to do – provide an alternative ordinary person’s perspective to the dominant culture’s hegemonic discourse, its spin and propagandising on behalf of the interests of the ruling class. But there are also interpersonal songs about relationships, about being a son, being a lover, being a dad (think I may not have had room for the ones about being a Brentford supporter), above all about being a human … what you have here is part journal, part diary, part testament.”
- “An English original.” —Guardian (UK)
- “One of Britain’s most challenging songwriters.” —Daily Telegraph
- “A creator of some of the most potent songs of the last decade.” —fRoots
- “Britain’s finest songwriter since Richard Thompson.” —Venue
- “His songs are incisive and clever and witty and you can sing them on your way to work.” —Boff Whalley, Chumbawamba
About the Artist:
Robb Johnson is now widely recognised as one of the finest songwriters working in the UK today. His songs feature in the repertoires of a wide variety of musicians, from folk legend Roy Bailey to acclaimed cabaret diva Barb Jungr, and he enjoys a similarly diverse spectrum of critical acclaim.
Artist: Robb Johnson
Publisher: PM Press
Format: 5x Audio CD and book
CD length and Page count: 390 minutes and 64 pages
See and hear interviews and other news on the artist’s page HERE